Random facts about writing on Suits
- Including Korsh five staff writers who worked on Season 1 of Suits returned for Season 2. There are now eight writers working on Suits. They have very collaborative writing staff on the show.
- The writing staff comes up with the ideas for the episodes, however Korsh helps out at various points in the process.
- During the writing of Suits very little research into the law is done.
- The average age of Suits writing staff is 39.5.
- Rewriting of the episodes sometimes happen during the shooting of the episode, but more often it is carried out later in the Season.
- The writer of the episode is usually on set during the filming.
- Korsh chooses writers for Suits based on the body of their work, reading their work, interview, reference checking and the all important ‘leap of faith’.
- The writers write for the show and continuing story / character development not for a particular actor.
Suits writers found on Twitter Erica Lipez @EricaLipez , Rk Muirragui